How to slow down spreading of Coronavirus / COVID19 virus?
Working together and ensuring we implement immediately and regularly the key measures recommended by the World Health Organization https://www.who.int/ and CDC https://www.cdc.gov, will be able to cut the risk of the COVID19 transmission.
We need to embrace these actions to become part of our safety culture and habits to protect us and the planet from the COVID-19 attack now and other diseases in the future.
To know more about COVID19, please click the link http://www.thecompasshc.com/blog/what-we-need-to-know-about-coronavirus-covid-19/.
Measures to prevent spreading of COVID-19 and protect yourself your beloved ones:
1.Practice constantly proper hygiene:
- *Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- *Cover your cough or sneeze with your sleeves and disposable tissue. Throw the tissue in the trash.
- *Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- *Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
2.Implement social distancing:
- *keep a distance of six feet from others if you must go out in public.
- *Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- *Stay home and isolate yourself if you have traveled overseas in the past 14 days.
- *People who are sick should stay home and avoid crowded public places or visit people in hospitals.
- *Prevent Social gathering in groups of more than 10 people.
- *Escape visiting a nursing home or long-term care facilities unless to provide critical assistance.
- *Keep away from visiting old people and people with a low immune system.
- *Remain at home and away from other people if you are a person with a serious underlying health condition.
3. When to wear a Mask?
- CDC does not recommend that healthy people wear a face mask to protect themselves from respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19. However, wear a facial mask if you are sick and have symptoms such as coughs and sneezes.
4. What we should do?
- *Seek medical advice if you develop fever, cough, runny nose, shortness of breath and other symptoms and have traveled overseas in the 14 days or you get in contact with contaminated patients.
- *Avoid taking Ibuprofen to treat COVID19.
- *Stay informed, follow the guidance of your health care providers and local government.
- *Don’t panic or overreact. Stress reduces your immune system.